A Construction Progress Inspection Report is provided to owners and/or owner builders and will ensure that the building is progressing in accordance with the plans, the Building Codes of Australia and to expectation. Progress inspections can be carried out at any or all of the stages listed below. We offer independent inspections at critical stages of construction. This service will assist you with keeping building problems to a minimum, provide assessment of the standard work carried out to date or help assess progress claims.
It is a small investment to help prevent or solve a dispute, keep the job running smoothly or just reassurance. While the building is being constructed there should be an overseer who is aware of building requirements to perform regular inspection and reports to ensure that the building is constructed to your expectations.
We work for our clients’ interests without causing added tension or conflict with the contractor so the building process is not delayed by problems or rectification work during its construction. Recommended Progress Inspection Stages depending on type of construction:
• Excavation of piers (prior to pouring concreting).
• Formwork edge, reinforcement steel and mesh for the floor slab/s (prior to concreting).
• Concrete slab floor with termite protection certificate ensuring treatment is carried out in accordance with AS3660-1993. (Termite Certificate should be requested at this stage).
• Foundation brick walls, brick island piers, damp proof courses, termite protection and shields, and timber bearers and joists.
• Timber or steel wall and roof frame (prior to exterior brick walls, tile or metal roofing).
• Lockup stage – completion of building exterior brickwork and roofing etc., installation of internal services but prior to installation of insulation and internal ceiling and wall linings.
• Waterproof membranes to wet areas including external terraces and decks (prior to covering with lining or tiling).
• Internal fix-out of joinery and PC items (prior to painting).
• On completion of project, prior to handover.
• At completion of defects liability period.
Some or all of these inspections can be provided at your instruction.